Delamere forest 16th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyboy

I will be around Delamere this coming Saturday 16th , I will be on my fat bike , all welcome to join me .

Sharky

Guru
Used to go hunting for sweet chestnuts in Delamere forest when I was a lad - are they still there?

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

not sure Sharky , I would presume they are , but they did remove around 1/2 square mile of forest several years ago, to create a lake to attract birds , and it works a treat.

Sharky

Guru
Nice area for cycling. Used to be one of my favorite loops. Prescot, runcorn bridge, Frodsham and Frodsham Hill (have you tried it?), then looped back through Delamere, Frodsham and back to Prescot. Not sure if I could manage it now though.

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

I have ridden from my house ( Tranmere) to Delamere around the forest and home several times , it's hard going on an MTB

Sharky

Guru
If I was 50yrs younger, I might have joined you, but try and find a route that takes you up Frodsham Hill to the Helter Skelter. Been down it once. The "Hill" is not that bad but you need to keep your brakes on as you climb. Otherwise you might roll back.

Enjoy

Keith

Alan O

Über Member
I'd love to join you with my MTB for a ride around the forest and to see a fatbike put through its paces - but alas, I couldn't make it this weekend.

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

I'd love to join you with my MTB for a ride around the forest and to see a fatbike put through its paces - but alas, I couldn't make it this weekend.
That's a pity , would of been good to meet up, next time maybe.

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

Good ride today

Attachments

• IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 95