Denmark International Football - Brilliant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The Danish national football team has taken the hump because the Danish Football Union has said that the footballers must wear only DBU (Dansk Boldspil Union) logos, whilst on International duties and not logos of their sponsors.

The players have literally taken the ball home and refused to travel to Slovakia last night to play a friendly. The DBU has said its our team and its our rules. To prove their point they chose a team of amateurs to play Slovakia last night. 6 of them play mostly indoor football. The country has gone nuts. You would think they would scream and complain. But this is Denmark and we think football should be fun. The whole of the country has got behind our "Alternative" national team.

They got beat 3-0 last night but made a couple of chances and the keeper made a couple of good saves.

On Saturday they play Wales in Arhus and the DBU is refunding the money to those who have paid for tickets and it is free to get in to watch. It will be packed to the rafters and a superb party atmosphere.

Usually, football Unions get it wrong. But this time they have got it right. Players dont get sponsorship for playing for local teams. They get it for being on the International stage. I am sure it will be sorted out quite quickly. But its fun while it is lasting.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
On Saturday they play Wales in Arhus and the DBU is refunding the money to those who have paid for tickets and it is free to get in to watch. It will be packed to the rafters and a superb party atmosphere.

and so it should be free.

I wouldn't want to pay to see MY team hammered, unless it was free

So it's a shame it's in Arhus - I would have gone :whistle:

Last edited:

Sixmile

Veteran
I've been following this story for the last week or so and didn't quite understand what the dispute was all about. 3-0 is a pretty respectable score, seeing that the players came from lower leagues.

There still must be tickets of some sort or how will they know or control the number of supporters wishing to go? Is there a possibility it'll be a sell out (free out?..) and folk will be turned around at the turnstiles?

simonali

Guru
I no unnerstand. All international footballers of all nations wear the same kit as their teammates, don't they? The only thing that varies is their boots. Is that what the Danish players aren't allowed to do any more i.e wear their own boots?

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I've been following this story for the last week or so and didn't quite understand what the dispute was all about. 3-0 is a pretty respectable score, seeing that the players came from lower leagues.

There still must be tickets of some sort or how will they know or control the number of supporters wishing to go? Is there a possibility it'll be a sell out (free out?..) and folk will be turned around at the turnstiles?

Those with tickets get in and then it is a first come first serve basis. Yes they could be turned away at the gates but Arhus is packed with pubs.

Bentners boxers could have been the start of it. ^_^

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I no unnerstand. All international footballers of all nations wear the same kit as their teammates, don't they? The only thing that varies is their boots. Is that what the Danish players aren't allowed to do any more i.e wear their own boots?

Its what they are wearing when they are on international duty and not training or playing. Their "Free time". So to speak. They are supplied with clothes to wear in their free time that all has the DBU insignia on. But they do not have free time as they are contracted for the entire period they are on International duty. Maybe they have PJs with the DBU insignia on. The solution is simple. If you dont want to wear our gear. dont play for us. Its like 2 fingers to footall agents.

simonali

Guru
Aah, gotcha. I was thinking on the pitch! To be honest, I think I would have the hump if I were told I couldn't wear what I wanted to when I wasn't on the playing field.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Aah, gotcha. I was thinking on the pitch! To be honest, I think I would have the hump if I were told I couldn't wear what I wanted to when I wasn't on the playing field.
That would be fine. But they y are at work from the moment they leave home to the moment they get home. They are on duty full time and will wear the uniform of the company during that time. Either that or dont play.

It appears they have seen the error of their ways and have ruined the party by agreeing with the DBU. The real Denmark team will play Wales on Sunday.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
That would be fine. But they y are at work from the moment they leave home to the moment they get home. They are on duty full time and will wear the uniform of the company during that time. Either that or dont play.

It appears they have seen the error of their ways and have ruined the party by agreeing with the DBU. The real Denmark team will play Wales on Sunday.

Until I read this I thought the dispute was about logos on boots and track suits etc. for travelling to and from the ground. Are you saying they must wear DBU clothing the entire time they're away?

I love the story but if someone told me to wear a uniform 24/7 I'd be unhappy about it too.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If they are unhappy about it they do not have to play. They will not be seen on the international circuit. They wont get sponsors. How simple can it be.

Top Bottom