Dennis Waterman - RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unless I've missed something subtle (or even not so subtle) it would seem that trivialising domestic violence is exactly what you are doing - comparing it to bit of dirty laundry that wouldn't be exposed but for the scrutiny of the internet, and something that is inevitable unless you live in Disneyworld.

Sometimes you have to accept what people say in good faith. The guy said:
"I'm not trivialising domestic violence."
That sounds an honest statement - why argue with what his intent was?

TO ME that suggests "I don't think it's trivial."
p.s. "dirty laundry" is a commonly accepted phrase that covers matters far more serious - and non-trivial - than ...er ... Dirty Laundry.

8 ...

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Did he hang out with Jimmy savile?

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
“I will have a look in at CycleChat while I’m having my morning coffee”

…lifts the filter cone off the mug, switches off Woman’s Hour, plonks his carcass at the kitchen table…

Now, what are these muppets arguing about this morning? Ooh, wonder if that Lancastrian dude has more to say on disabled parking bays? Nah, I’ll leave that for tonight. Too exciting for daytime reading. Oh, I do miss Drago! I bet that dog is massive by now. Wonder if it can run as fast as his owner. Ahh, this should be a straightforward thread. Denis Waterman has croaked. Shame. Right. I’ll have a look.”

…coffee almost cold, finds himself on a celebrity website, looking at a picture of Rula Lenska fondling a baby elephant’s trunk. He thinks he might type “every cloud..” in a post, but thinks better of it. Glugs the last ounce of coffee, flicks the radio back on, and sings idly “I could be so good to you. Treat you like you want me to. Dah. Dat dat de di dah…

looking at a picture of Rula Lenska fondling a baby elephant’s trunk

You might still be the first to get that Yellow Card.

Top Bottom