Dennis Waterman - RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
D280CC2A-DEE7-44FE-A132-4B0B493C379A.jpeg

Mandela is on the cool wall, so when he is eulogised as a hero no one mentions that bit. If it's Gazza or an actor it's the first thing they point out.

It *is* mentioned because I've seen it mentioned. I still don't understand why you've introduced Mandela's history of DM to the conversation. What bearing does it have on the fact of the matter that Waterman was a wife beating drunkard?

Reactions: C R

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I met him and John Thaw at Queens Gardens Police Station in Hull when I was a police cadet. Lovely guys and very funny. They were doing the Sweeney at the time. John Thaw was always a favourite of mine. RIP.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Given the level of scrutiny that the internet provides, is there ever going to be anybody who doesn't have dirty laundry in the cupboard? We don't live in Disneyworld.
BTW, I'm not trivialising domestic violence.

Unless I've missed something subtle (or even not so subtle) it would seem that trivialising domestic violence is exactly what you are doing - comparing it to bit of dirty laundry that wouldn't be exposed but for the scrutiny of the internet, and something that is inevitable unless you live in Disneyworld.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Unless I've missed something subtle (or even not so subtle) it would seem that trivialising domestic violence is exactly what you are doing - comparing it to bit of dirty laundry that wouldn't be exposed but for the scrutiny of the internet, and something that is inevitable unless you live in Disneyworld.

Feel free to interpret my post in any way you wish.

Top Bottom