Denny Laine dies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Last edited:
Sad news. He was my school friend's Uncle. RIP Denny.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sad news.
I used to live just around the corner from his house in Hall Green, Birmingham in the 1960s.
I well remember walking home from school and seeing his Thames van parked outside with the 'Denny Laine & the Diplomats' graphics painted on the sides.

Proto

Legendary Member
Sad news.
I used to live just around the corner from his house in Hall Green, Birmingham in the 1960s.
I well remember walking home from school and seeing his Thames van parked outside with the 'Denny Laine & the Diplomats' graphics painted on the sides.

In the 60’s I was living in Banners Gate, Sutton Coldfield and in nearby Westwood Rd I used to see a similar van, can’t remember the colour, tbh, Thames size, but graphics on the side ”The Moody Blue Five”. My older sister was very excited but not brave enough to knock on the door to find out more.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
In the 60’s I was living in Banners Gate, Sutton Coldfield and in nearby Westwood Rd I used to see a similar van, can’t remember the colour, tbh, Thames size, but graphics on the side ”The Moody Blue Five”. My older sister was very excited but not brave enough to knock on the door to find out more.

I also used to see the 'Edgar Broughton Band' van fairly regularly. He lived in Warwick but I think one of the band members lived in Yardley Wood.

Proto

Legendary Member
Sad news.

Further to this, my sister remembers the van being blue and with “Moody Blues” written on the side. Memories can be unreliable!

GuyBoden

Guru
Denny Laine will always be remembered by me as the bloke who helped finance the excellent Jazz nights at the Rhythm Station club, on Newhallhey Road, Rawtenstall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom