Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel dies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Very sad. One of my absolute favourites during my school years, though it was only many years later that I was privileged enough to see him in concert for the first time. My wife tells me her bedroom walls were decorated with posters of Donny Osmond, The Rubettes and, in pride of place, Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.

We were lucky enough to get to see him perform something like 8 or 10 times in recent years, in Birmingham, Gloucester, Cheltenham and Bristol. He still had it. Great music and engaging and informative chat every time he performed. His accoustic performance in a chapel in Bristol a couple of years ago was one of my all-time favourite gigs.

We had tickets to see him again in Cheltenham in May, but when he postponed it until next year we could tell something was very wrong. These obituary posts don't always get to me but this one has.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I remember him being interviewed about punk. He said "I was in the States when it happened, when I came back the place was full of people talking with fake Deptford accents"

Top Bottom