Dentists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Ooo its the smell as you enter that starts my guts tingling.Does anyone remember the dentist caravan that used to visit the school?im sure i got fillings that were not required back then,without cocain too,used to be scared stiff of them.One actually drilled a hole in my lower lip while he was looking and resting the drill on my lip.But i have to say my dentist,that i have used since my late teens,is fantastic.Our lady dentist,who owns the place,and a man who comes over from france to help or cover for her,both great.

curve

I haven't been to the dentist in over 20 years! I hate people fiddling with my mouth. Fortunately, although I have lost a couple of crowns I don't get any toothache.

I am just planning to get all my teeth ripped out and have implants fitted when I have saved up enough money.

I work within a dental practice (it's a long story) and I used to have a real problem with appointments at my dentist.
I blame my cousin who whacked me in the mouth with a 3 wood - about an hour before I was due to see Jason and the Argonauts at the cinema (check the date that film was released!:wacko:)
Slowly but surely I have dealt with the demons, aided by a good approach from my dentist and I would advise anyone to take the first step and get seen asap.

Modern methods of dentistry are mostly painless - it's the noise that creates the imaginary 'pain' :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I now spend every day looking at teeth in one state or another - it's truly wierd:wacko:

col

Legendary Member
postman said:
Had my six monthly inspection and clean and polish on Thursday.Only pain was the bill .Sixty two quid.

It shouldnt have been that much?there are three payment levels,first for what you had done,£15 ish,then £43 for fillings,teeth out and cap replacement,and what you had done,then £190 ish,for caps and false teeth too.Not exact prices,but thats what they should be.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Smokin Joe said:
On a serious note, I have an idea for an excellent way to save the health service money and make a visit to the dentist much more bearable. Instead of administering an expensive anasthetic the nurse could perform oral sex on you while the dentist is drilling or pulling, thus taking your mind off the pain.

I once wrote to the minister suggesting it, but I think the letter got lost in the post because I never received a reply.

I dont feel that would be peasureable much the opposite !

Aperitif said:
I work within a dental practice (it's a long story) and I used to have a real problem with appointments at my dentist.
I blame my cousin who whacked me in the mouth with a 3 wood - about an hour before I was due to see Jason and the Argonauts at the cinema (check the date that film was released!:tongue:)
Slowly but surely I have dealt with the demons, aided by a good approach from my dentist and I would advise anyone to take the first step and get seen asap.

Modern methods of dentistry are mostly painless - it's the noise that creates t
I now spend he imaginary 'pain' :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:every day looking at teeth in one state or another - it's truly wierd:wacko:

You sure Mr Ap.

Ok, the 'gear' they use is quite good. The bleedin injection :tired: not only in the 'gum' BUT the injection :ohmy: in the roof of the mouth. I put 2 and 2 together whilst gripping the sides of 'the chair' the other day and realise that when people say injections into bone are quite painfull and I realised that the roof of the mouth IS bone ! xx(

My problem started once (when i was was17yrs) upon cycling in a pedestrianised area, taking carre, a woman (had to be a woman ;)) in a robotic shopping trance decided to go where I was so as Im such a respecting lad - I avoided her but the mouth didnt avoid the pavement ever since the mouth has been on the decline due to ****ed nerves basically & ive been on the lookout for women in a robotic shopping trance whom i can peasurably knock over without an ounce of of guilt ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom