Denton Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BretonM

Hi guys,
I am really interested in this bike. However it needs quite a lot of work.
The seller wants £70 and it doesn't look as if he'll budge, do you think this is a fair price?
It has a Reynolds 531c frame which I believe is quite rare.
Do you guys have any information about the frame quality and whether the bike is worth it ?
Many thanks,
Breton M

Attachments

• IMG_2707.PNG
    IMG_2707.PNG
    386.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2710.PNG
    IMG_2710.PNG
    196.2 KB · Views: 188

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I would.

midlife

Guru
Looks very clean, 531c is the competition version of 531 and not rare.

Frame is worth £70 of anybody's money. Denton (if it us one) had their frames made by a variety of people, none of them shabby. No mudguard eyes so its on my radar :smile:

More importantly it looks like quite a big frame, it's my size but is it your size?

Shaun

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd buy it if I was in the market for another bike, worth it for the frame (which has a bit of a Worksop built look to my eyes) and 531c isn't rare but is high quality.
For the could I do it up for £100, it depends what needs doing but probably yes, however with that and the "what's it worth" you are into "how long is a piece of string" territory but if you want to do it up and ride it then go for it.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Denton cycles is still going in Newcastle I believe. Looks a nice bike for £70.

Grumble about the price, ask him to throw in a tank of petrol/year's free supply of doughnuts/a night with the best looking member of his family and then bite his hand off!
As to fixing up for a 100 spuds, that would depend on 2 things largely: are you doing the work yourself? And how much your wheels are gonna cost: if you're lucky you could pick up a basic pair for maybe £30 but a decent set will cost you your budget!
Luckily there's a large portion of parts still on that frame, but building a bike frame up can be pricey, you shouldn't be looking to make a handsome profit :sad: but it's a very nice frame: the combo of 531c and lack of mudguard eyes denote it as a "proper" racing bike :smile:

Top Bottom