Dermatitis on hands. What's suitable to protect them when washing bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milena

I have Dermatitis on hands. This means any contact with cleaning detergents and they get mad dry. Flaky.

What's suitable to protect them when washing my bike?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Could you wear washing up gloves?

OP
OP
M

Milena

Heavy duty washing up gloves would do the job. Take a trip to your local Wilko. Oh, wait....

Can't find any. Bought bathroom marigold washing gloves from tesco in size medium, today, as its the only size in that glove they do. Bathroom because longer sleeves of the gloves. £3.10
I need size large as medium is too tight. But large is too loose. But they don't do a in between size.

Had these before and even though stored correctly and used to clean the bathroom, they got holes in the finger webbing area.

Marigold gloves are crap. Almost everything is produced with the objective of making sure it breaks down so that consumers buy it again. And again. Planned obsolense, however it's spelt. 😡

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Don't wash your bike :whistle:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I often wear nitrile gloves, after several cleans they will eventually tear at a finger end but they cost pence.
Buy a box of 100 for around £5.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbb

Chislenko

Veteran
Nitrile gloves do the trick. You will nowadays see most car mechanics wearing them where there is much more chance of snagging and tearing than on a bike.
I always use them with no problems.

I always keep some in the car also for when filling up with diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom