Dermatitis on hands. What's suitable to protect them when washing bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Can't find any. Bought bathroom marigold washing gloves from tesco in size medium, today, as its the only size in that glove they do. Bathroom because longer sleeves of the gloves. £3.10
I need size large as medium is too tight. But large is too loose. But they don't do a in between size.

Had these before and even though stored correctly and used to clean the bathroom, they got holes in the finger webbing area.

Marigold gloves are crap. Almost everything is produced with the objective of making sure it breaks dHIown so that consumers buy it again. And again. Planned obsolense, however it's spelt.
Hi OP, I'm glad you've fixed the problem in the short term.

I can't see any gratitude to anyone who has tried to help so I'm out of here.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
im the kind of guy who has used a scrubbing brush and bleach to clean my hands before now , mind you im a bit of a nutter !

presta

Guru
im the kind of guy who has used a scrubbing brush and bleach to clean my hands before now , mind you im a bit of a nutter !
I used to handle pretty much anything without gloves up until I cleaned my 3 piece suite with a carpet cleaner about 6 years ago. By the time I'd spent a few hours pawing furniture soaked in Bissel cleaning fluid it'd stripped all the natural oils out of my hands, and they ended up very dry and sore.

Since then they've recovered a bit, but they now seem permanently intolerant of just about anything. The only washing up liquid I've found that I can use is Surcare, and the only gloves I've found that don't get holed within 5 minutes are builder's rubble gloves, which are as much use as a chocolate teapot if you need to be able to feel what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom