Derwent Resevoir

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smeggers

Does anyone know if its possible to go all the way round Derwent Resevoir on a roadie? (700x23).

It looks a nice run on the map.

longers

Legendary Member
I think so, but this is definitely only a maybe. I've been round it but can't remember the exact details ;). If my memory serves me correctly there is a small part on what could be described best as a footpath but it's only a couple of hundred yards at the far end.

Will know more after the jersey relay meet up on 22nd. You doing that?

Odyssey

Which one?

There's on in Durham, and You can. There isn't a road directly around the shore, you'll come about a mile or so out on the east side and you'll have to travel a short distance on the A68, but most of it is a real pleasure to ride around.

There's another one in Derbyshire?

Kirstie said:
You couldn't get a roadie around the Derbyshire Derwent reservoir...

Haven't been up to Ladybower for a while, but yes.

The tarmac stops on the West side (stopped - like I said, haven't been for a while) about half a mile before the packhorse bridge at the top, and doesn't start again until about halfway down on the East side

It's Forestry Commission logging track with bits of old Victorian Water Board cobbles for the non-tarmac bit.

Not technical singletrack, easily manageable if it's dry for those families who go up there for a picnic on hybrids with knobbly tyres, you could ride round it on a roadbike if you were one of the 'rough stuff fellowship' mob, but you really wouldn'y enjoy it on your bling carbon racer with Ksyrium SSC's :laugh:

Top Bottom