Design Engineering GCSE Project

What is the biggest need you would look for in a product whilst biking?

• Easy to remember to use

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Interesting and entertaining

• Animal deterrent

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello dear cyclists! I am doing a GCSE design engineering project on countryside and how i will be able to enhance your experience in the countryside. It will be aimed at cyclists and what problems they encounter. The biggest problem (according to my research) is animals jumping onto and chasing you and scaring you so that you fall and severe consequences occur. I would be much grateful if you could answer the following questions as soon as possible please. Also i would love to hear your responses underneath!

I would like an urban pigeon deterrent. Unlike mammals they fly at face level scattering their foulness for the rider to inhale.
I have always considered non pidgeon life forms to be a feature not a bug.

Hello dear cyclists! I am doing a GCSE design engineering project on countryside and how i will be able to enhance your experience in the countryside. It will be aimed at cyclists and what problems they encounter. The biggest problem (according to my research) is animals jumping onto and chasing you and scaring you so that you fall and severe consequences occur. I would be much grateful if you could answer the following questions as soon as possible please. Also i would love to hear your responses underneath!
I'd love to know what research you did to come up with that as the biggest problem. Sadly I think it's probably wrong, it's far from my biggest problem. You could pick a wide range of problems from driver education of cyclists needs on the road, why we need space and what we're likely to do in certain situations and why, to the current state of the roads and just how dangerous potholes are - see the recent crash in the Womens tour when Voss hit a pothole and lost her grip on the bars and crashed.

Unfortunately I can't answer your survey as I'm not sure of the context of the question, we'd need to know what it is you're thinking about to understand the questions. My advice would be to discuss this with your teacher and come up with a more focused survey - good luck.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It should not distract nor detract from the experience of riding a bike. Biking is about simplicity for me. Biggest bugbear is getting oil on my trousers or legs from the chain. A modern version of the chain guard, that works with derailleurs, would be good. An oil free replacement for the chain that doesn't need a frame that splits would also be good.

OP
OP
D
I'd love to know what research you did to come up with that as the biggest problem. Sadly I think it's probably wrong, it's far from my biggest problem. You could pick a wide range of problems from driver education of cyclists needs on the road, why we need space and what we're likely to do in certain situations and why, to the current state of the roads and just how dangerous potholes are - see the recent crash in the Womens tour when Voss hit a pothole and lost her grip on the bars and crashed.

Unfortunately I can't answer your survey as I'm not sure of the context of the question, we'd need to know what it is you're thinking about to understand the questions. My advice would be to discuss this with your teacher and come up with a more focused survey - good luck.
Thanks very much for your advice. I will add a new thread which is more focused on a subject.

OP
OP
D
It should not distract nor detract from the experience of riding a bike. Biking is about simplicity for me. Biggest bugbear is getting oil on my trousers or legs from the chain. A modern version of the chain guard, that works with derailleurs, would be good. An oil free replacement for the chain that doesn't need a frame that splits would also be good.
Thanks so much for your ideas!

classic33

Leg End Member
No built in battery. Replacable ones anytime.

Top Bottom