desperate times call for desperate ask.....!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm intending to build my own wheels for my fixie project and I know it's probably not the done thing here at CC, but I'm desperate to have a go at getting this done for zero quid......

I have a rear hub, (a spare MTB one - hope this'll work!) but I'm needing some rims, and some spokes......the spokes I'll probably have to buy, but if anyine has some rims they'd like to donate I'd be more than happy to endlessly quote their names forevermore, for their kind help in getting me started on a fixed....

I can travela moped's distance from Littlehampton to collect!:ohmy:

Oh, if you're gonna put a price on it - don't tell Joe24/montage.....:evil:

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've a Rigida rim you can have....700c - fairly chunky, will take anything from a 28mm to a 35 mm tyre, but pretty light considering. Pick up from Eastleigh, Hants FOC, or mail at cost (prob £6 - £7)

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
porkypete said:
I've a Rigida rim you can have....700c - fairly chunky, will take anything from a 28mm to a 35 mm tyre, but pretty light considering. Pick up from Eastleigh, Hants FOC, or mail at cost (prob £6 - £7)

Pm sent...;)

gbb

Legendary Member
stoatsngroats said:
I'm intending to build my own wheels for my fixie project and I know it's probably not the done thing here at CC, but I'm desperate to have a go at getting this done for zero quid......

I have a rear hub, (a spare MTB one - hope this'll work!)
but I'm needing some rims, and some spokes......the spokes I'll probably have to buy, but if anyine has some rims they'd like to donate I'd be more than happy to endlessly quote their names forevermore, for their kind help in getting me started on a fixed....

I can travela moped's distance from Littlehampton to collect!:biggrin:

Oh, if you're gonna put a price on it - don't tell Joe24/montage.....:biggrin:

Cant help you SNG, but how many hole rims ? You dont want to get some...to find they don't match your hubs :biggrin:

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
gbb said:
Cant help you SNG,
:biggrin:

gbb said:
but how many hole rims ? You dont want to get some...to find they don't match your hubs :biggrin:

It's a good point, and one which I hadn't considered. I do have the original wheels on the peugeot, which have knackered rims, and if I had to use these hubs, it'd give me a choice of a couple more which may match.....:biggrin:

If not, then I'll have to think of another way....! :biggrin:

Top Bottom