Destruction is *fun*!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Spent a good part of y'day afternoon working with a mate, my missus, and a bunch of our kids to destroy a sort of shed cum recording studio the previous owner had built in his back garden - 4x4 frame, 1" chipboard, tarpaper on the roof and loads of insulation. All axes, hammers and crowbars - i even got to play with my vicious circular saw! Aching all over this morning, but what larks, Pip, what larks!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You don't live next door to me do you ... except it seems to be the builders in taking down a DIY extension ready to put up a new one... lots of crashing and bangs going on this morning.

Shaun

Founder
Bit of the old caveman bashing and grunting is good for the soul; it also helps you find those muscles you don't use very often ... because the next day they're sore as hell ... :thumbsup:

So what's going to be built in place of this ex-studio?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Built? Built? Dunno...not sure he's thought that far ahead. The point was to SMASH IT TO BITS!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I used to work for a demolition firm, this was pre HSE days so you could basically do what you liked. Used to spend most of the day smashing the hell out of buildings with a sledgehammer and getting paid for it. Roping a huge brick and steel yard entrance to the back of a truck and pulling it over into the road was our finest moment. Halcyon days!

asterix

Comrade Member
For a while I worked on Salford Docks when they were knocking the old concrete warehouses down with a wrecking ball. It was great entertainment as the things were clearly meant to withstand a bombing raid, but the dust.. It was like volcanic ash.

Top Bottom