Device Mount/Stand for Zwifting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plastic_cyclist

Hi, just interested to know what everyone uses to hold their iPad, Macbook, Tablet when they are on their turbo trainer?

I've seen the stand-alone tall ones, and I'm also airing towards the ones which mount onto the handlebars, any preferences on this subject folks?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Computer screen or two. Tried mounts for my phone but they usually break (for the companion app).

Mrs Spesh has her ipad running Zwift, mounted on a Tacx handlebar mount which works really well. If I had one criticism it's that it does make you look down a lot!

I run Zwift on a PC, HDMId up to our old LED TV which was relegated to the shed when we got Sky Glass. It's wall-mounted, so vertical and at eye level about 2ft in front of the handlebars so is quite immersive. Or, I can run Zwift windowed and watch cycling alongside on GCN+

Tenkaykev

Guru
I use a cheap Adjustable iPhone holder. Drill four holes in the base and cable tie it to the handlebars either side of the fork crown. Perfect for an iPad.

Buck

Guru
Before upgrading to a TV i used the Tacx as above. Very good in the scheme of things and for me the import thing was that it was sturdy and held the ipad securely and in good view.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Quad lock on the bars for iPhone running companion and 32” TV in front connected with Zwift on Apple TV.

Some people use music stands or swan neck stands for iPads if that’s their main device for Zwifting.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Tacx mount at first for iPad, then switched to a projector/computer stand for a proper monitor. Now I have gone all fancy and use a Neo bike with a built in stand and a big TV on the wall.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Hi, just interested to know what everyone uses to hold their iPad, Macbook, Tablet when they are on their turbo trainer?

I've seen the stand-alone tall ones, and I'm also airing towards the ones which mount onto the handlebars, any preferences on this subject folks?

For iPad, I use a tripod mount and a Manfrotto Magic Arm which I already had for photography/videography. Expensive solution, but very very good. I don't think I'd have bought one just for that, but since I already had it and wasn't using it much, it was worth it.

The iPad is connected to a larger screen with an HDMI adaptor.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I sweat like a horse when I’m doing a turbo session, so anything that holds an iPad too close like a bar mount will just result in a wet screen and erratic behaviour. I did look at the Tacx floor stand but it was pricy and needs the front wheel on the base to secure it, which again keeps the iPad in the sweat blast radius.

I ended up getting a cheapish basic iPad floor stand from Robert Dyas of all places. I thought it’d be crap but turns out it’s not bad at all, if a little basic. All metal and with a reasonable freestanding base. This means I can place it far enough away and/or to one side to miss the worst of the spray.

Just checked and they don’t seem to do it any more.

Big T

Guru
We have a dog grooming table bought from Amazon for about £30. It’s just the right height for putting my iPad, fan, bottle and Bluetooth speaker on. It’s just high enough to fit over the front wheel and just low enough not to foul the STI levers. I’ve just upgraded to an Apple TV to run Zwift, but will still use the table for the other stuff.

Top Bottom