Devon ctc pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Still trying to get the hang of uploading so here goes . Smeatons tower.JPG
Plymouth Hoe.JPG
Plym trail.JPG
Grenofen Bridge.JPG
Devon Coast to Coast 016.JPG
Brentor.JPG
Bideford.JPG
Instow.JPG
Devon Coast to Coast 049.JPG

It was a cracking weekend even though i rode into a strong headwind all the way . I stopped over in Okehampton at the YHA annexe on the saturday night which was really comfy and watched England play the States , the only bad part of the trip . My first tour of any description and loved it . Next weekend trying fully loaded and camping in the South Hams . Cant wait !

The pictures need re-sizing, when you click for a larger image you cant view them .... way to big

Simon

You're not alone Jerry .. im struggling abit with this new forum malarky as well

The more i use it the more i seem to dislike it

try uploading the whole image and not using the clickable thumbnail image thingy ?

Simon

Glad you enjoyed it Jerry the C2C is on my list of to do rides for this summer .. hopefully we'l meet on the Devon CC ride next month and you can tell me about it and give me some tips and pointers

Simon

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Devon C2C is a nice route - a bit up and down in the middle!!! Looks as though you had better weather than I did Jerry.

shirokazan

Veteran
Good to hear you enjoyed the Devon C2C. I completed it week before last as part of a slightly larger tour: I started in Wareham, went down to Durlston Head and worked my way around to Plymouth, then spent two days getting across to Ilfracombe, before finishing my tour at Wells / Wookey Hole. I took a load of pictures too which can be seen on my Flickr site.

I camped not far from Okehampton, at Sourton Down. Overall, it was mostly quite easy cycling but there were some tough bits around the southern edge of Dartmoor. I noticed that you took the route via Tavistock, though I noted that whilst it was shown on my GPS (I had downloaded the Opencyclemap which has the NCN routes on it) there was no signage for that (off-road) route instead being directed via Clearbrook, Meavy and Dousland.

Some great pictures Shirokazan .. Vicar's close in Wells looks like a great place to live and the rest of the pics just makes me want to get out on the bike :rolleyes: looks like you had a lovely tour

Simon

OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Weather was great bar the wind Summerdays . And Shirokazan im heading along abit of your route this weekend ie Totnes , Dartmouth , Slapton , East Prawle ,Salcombe and if ive got time on to Bigbury . First time fully loaded and i know its lumpy round there but the views will make up for it . I know we think of this great Isle of ours as beautiful but boy its so much better on a bike in Summer . I wish i had discovered cycling earlier .

shirokazan

Veteran
Some great pictures Shirokazan .. Vicar's close in Wells looks like a great place to live and the rest of the pics just makes me want to get out on the bike :rolleyes: looks like you had a lovely tour

Simon

Oh, I did indeed have a lovely tour. Obviously, Dorset and Devon are quite hilly but they didn't seem so bad as when I was doing my LEJOG last year. Anyhow, I'm off again this weekend - I've got Monday and Tuesday off, so I'm taking the train to Swansea and meandering back home to Bedfordshire.
rolleyes.gif

shirokazan

Veteran
And Shirokazan im heading along a bit of your route this weekend ie Totnes , Dartmouth , Slapton , East Prawle ,Salcombe and if ive got time on to Bigbury .
My route (in Devon) was Axminster, Seaton, Ottery St Mary, Budleigh Salterton (camped there), Exmouth, Exminster, Moretonhampstead, Manaton, Ashburton, Totnes, Blackawton, Slapton (where I camped), Torcross, Kingsbridge, Malborough and then back along the A379 to Plymouth.

First time fully loaded and i know its lumpy round there but the views will make up for it . I know we think of this great Isle of ours as beautiful but boy its so much better on a bike in Summer . I wish i had discovered cycling earlier .
Couldn't agree more. Much as I wish to explore foreign lands (and I have already done some touring in France and Japan, both of which I love), I want to see this country properly first, and when the sun's out, it's great! Best of luck with your cycling this weekend.

Top Bottom