Devon lanes.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I really think you've moved on ten years you know. I saw my first two punks in 25 years today in Dartmouth.
Punk is a very 70s thing.

Punk is a very 70s thing.
What about t'pau, China in your hand, lots of power ballads, it's all been playing while I was here and lots of t-shirts tucked into trousers. Mind you, that could just be the pub I felt most comfortable in........

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
What about t'pau, China in your hand, lots of power ballads, it's all been playing while I was here and lots of t-shirts tucked into trousers. Mind you, that could just be the pub I felt most comfortable in........
I never thought of T'Pau as a Punk band. :headshake:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I moved from the Midlands to Yorkshire (it made sense to me), I was astonished to find cobbles growing in the middle of incredibly steep narrow roads!

View attachment 360599

Now, you might think that no self-respecting HGV driver would attempt to drive his/her truck up or down something like that ...

View attachment 360600

But evidently the locals do not share your faith! :laugh:
After posting that, I remembered that I had never actually made it up that climb without walking the steepest part. The first time I tried it was many years ago. A man was mowing his lawn in front of the house you can just see at the bottom of the climb (white chimney stack). He told me that I would soon have to get off and walk. I laughed and replied that I would soon find out. He was right ... :whistle:

It was a lovely day here today so I rode over there to have another go. I have a very low grovelling gear (28/30) on my Cannondale now and using that I was (just) able to get up the hill without stopping!

Top Bottom