devon riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
millie said:
Thanks for the email, look forward to trying them out!

Your welcome ... enjoy the routes

Simon

OP
OP
cyclenic

cyclenic

hello everyone, nice to hear from u all.

went out on my bike yesterday morning, bright and early to lovely sunshine, and beautiful devon views. lovely

nosherduke996 said:
Hi, i am not from Devon but will be at Woolacoome in May. Is there any good routes in that area. Road or Mtb it doesn,t matter.

I would ride down to Woolacombe past Woolacombe Holiday Park, (it's quite a long descent down a valley). Hang around on the beach for a while. Then head toward Mortehoe along the coast and up a hill. Then ride toward Warcombe Lane which will take you down toward Lee Bay. Alternatively you can ride toward Bull Point Lighthouse but I'm not sure if there are any paths heading out toward Lee that you can ride on safely.

Once at Lee Bay, go along the old Ilfracombe Road along the cliffs. The views out toward the Bristol Channel are great. If you have problems finding this just ask at the Grampus pub.

Coming back, this time head up the old railway line which should take you to the top of the hill above Woolacombe where the old Woolacombe and Mortehoe Railway Station used to be.

This is advisable as the hill from Lee Bay up toward Warcombe is quite steep. The railway line is a more gradual incline, however one does feel quite isolated there, and I wouldn't ride up there at night.

Maybe extend the journey toward Combe Martin, past Hele Bay once you reach Ilfracombe.

So

Woolacombe-Mortehoe-Warcombe-Lee Bay-Ilfracombe-Hele Bay-Watermouth-Berrynarbour-Combe Martin

And back.

For another ride, just follow the old railway line through Braunton out toward Torrington.

Apparently Lee Woods is quite fun on mountain bikes.

Top Bottom