Di2 Charging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fotherm

Hi

Grateful for some advice. Upon charging my Di2 battery I am unable to get a solid green light even after some 3 hours of charging, although I am able to get a flashing green light followed by red. Also the orange light on the battery charger goes out after some 7 seconds which would suggest the battery is fully charged .
Could it be that the battery is not holding its charge and is in need of replacement ?

Chet Spiker

Sorry, no experience of that set-up but I would strongly recommend you buy a multimeter. IMHO everyone should have a meter! One like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-...896034?hash=item3d924367a2:g:eZgAAOSwj-9da98B will be fine.You'll be able to measure the voltage the charger is supplying - this is usually a couple of volts higher than the nominal battery voltage. You can also measure what voltage the "fully charged" battery has. Of course, voltage doesn't tell you everything but measuring current draw in a functioning circuit is a bit of a pfaff. Usually though, with battery powered things (drills, hedge clippers and so on) it tends to be a battery problem much more often than it's a charger problem.

JuhaL

Guru
Hi

Grateful for some advice. Upon charging my Di2 battery I am unable to get a solid green light even after some 3 hours of charging, although I am able to get a flashing green light followed by red. Also the orange light on the battery charger goes out after some 7 seconds which would suggest the battery is fully charged .
Could it be that the battery is not holding its charge and is in need of replacement ?
I have Di2 and when flashing green light follows red it means that you are pressed the button on a junction box and Di2 is been a setup mode. When you press again that button green light flashing follows by red light and now you are normal mode, all light suppose to be now turned off. You can check battery level pressing shift lever. Junction box has no any light on while you charging.

Top Bottom