Diamondback Override - advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuanLobbe

Über Member
...so I've just picked up this bike from freecycle. Got it because I wanted one to practice maintenance on and, in future, perhaps to customise.

Previous owner thinks it's about 15 years old.

Questions - are the wheels 700cc? What basics should I cover to get it roadworthy other than tyres/innertubes etc?

If you were going to customise it, what would you do?

Here it is:
IMG_0386.JPG

Landslide

Rare Migrant
They look like 700c. Check the size quoted on the tyre sidewall.

Customising? Chopper bars, hot rod flames and front-mounted sub-machine guns.

battered

Guru
Nice find!
It's a hybrid before they were invented!

It looks to have done little work, the original crappy plastic pedals normally last about 6 months so the fact that these appear to have survived suggests it's done at best a few hundred miles from new.

Customising? Cowhorns. You need cowhorns.:tongue:

OP
OP
JuanLobbe

JuanLobbe

Über Member
Mooo!

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when I picked it up...

Think you're right - despite the age it seems to be in ok condition. The owner apparently lost the key to their D-lock for 8 years so it's been sat in a garage until the key was recently found and the bike liberated!

OP
OP
JuanLobbe

JuanLobbe

Über Member
Landslide - not sure really, maybe turn it into a fixie? Probably beyond my abilities that, though. Otherwise just want to make it visually pleasing! Wheels like a Marin?

D

Deleted member 1258

JuanLobbe said:
Landslide - not sure really, maybe turn it into a fixie? Probably beyond my abilities that, though. Otherwise just want to make it visually pleasing! Wheels like a Marin?

+ 1, Thats what I would want to do with it.

Top Bottom