Diamondback ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cubby

Über Member
Hi, i'm relativly new to this mountain biking, but so far am loving it ...
It started about 5 months ago when i bought a Diamondback Outlook front suspension bike ...
What i'm after is your opinions .... i like the bike to be fair but then again i havn't had the experience of any other better bikes,
The forks arn't the best, could i up grade these ? and maybe other parts on the bike or would i be best getting a better bike ?
I mainly use the bike for off road I.E. canal paths, woodland trails .... etc

Thanks in advance for any pointers ...

RedBike

You could upgrade the forks but for canal paths / woodland trails you might actually be better going for a good quality light-weight rigid fork instead of a cheaper suspension fork.

girv73

I rode a rigid Diamondback Ascent for years on terrain that you now (apparently) "need" suspension for. On light terrain like paths or woodland trails a lightweight rigid fork might improve your handling, but be sure to get ones of the correct length for suspension frame geometry.

When people ask "should I upgrade my xxx", I answer with "how is it holding you back?"

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
A very wise answer indeed.

girv73 said:
I rode a rigid Diamondback Ascent for years on terrain that you now (apparently) "need" suspension for. On light terrain like paths or woodland trails a lightweight rigid fork might improve your handling, but be sure to get ones of the correct length for suspension frame geometry.

When people ask "should I upgrade my xxx", I answer with "how is it holding you back?"

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
girv73 said:
I rode a rigid Diamondback Ascent for years on terrain that you now (apparently) "need" suspension for.

I still have one :ohmy: - that's hopefully about to go back to MTB duties. It's been up Snowdon, and in the Peak District - no suspension.....

Top Bottom