Dick Pound going...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...but not without another passing shot at Puerto, saying that not only cyclists were involved
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/7095568.stm

He's upset a lot of people, but I think he did a lot of 'say it like it is' and certainly wasn't anti-cycling

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I've never had a problem with him.

Some of the comments about him from within cycling sounded more like paranoia or attempts at trying to be rid of him, than any reasoned retort to his allegations.

I hope the next incumbent in the job is just as aggressive. The pressure mustn't be relinquished on cycling or the rest of sport.

As an aside, I think I would have stuck with 'Richard'.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member

Some of the comments about him from within cycling sounded more like paranoia or attempts at trying to be rid of him, than any reasoned retort to his allegations.

I hope the next incumbent in the job is just as aggressive. The pressure mustn't be relinquished on cycling or the rest of sport.

gavintc

Guru
He has a point. Why are only the cyclists being villified by Puerto? Professional cycling will go through some difficult times in the next couple of years with reduced sponsorship, but I think the sport will ultimately be better for it.

Interesting that no one has looked at the exceptional performance that suggested giving birth to child can increase your performance.

gavintc

Guru
He has a point. Why are only the cyclists being villified by Puerto? Professional cycling will go through some difficult times in the next couple of years with reduced sponsorship, but I think the sport will ultimately be better for it.

Interesting that no one has looked at the exceptional performance that suggested giving birth to child can increase your performance.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I always thought Dick Pound was a euphimism...

Keith Oates

Janner
Tim Bennet. said:

Tim, I think that the 'Dick' Pound is about right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
Tim Bennet. said:

Tim, I think that the 'Dick' Pound is about right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It looks like getting messy. The preferred candidate(French I think) dropped out when the Anzacs put up a competitor saying that he suspected an anglophile conspiracy. Now the Europeans have refused to back the Aussie so there looks like being no universal support or equanimity. The consequence is that the anti-drug fight may be diluted. Not good news.

Top Bottom