Dictionary?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul fellows

Can we have a new sticky thread called DICTIONARY!

This could be a single link to a cycling dictionary / encyclopedia.

Or a few well labelled pictures naming the bits on the common types of recumbents.

Or something built up slowly whenever a new member miss names something and has to be corrected.

Having agreed manes for things that every one knows will make the communication run smoother. I am not the only member who as struggled with the correct name of things.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Having agreed manes for things that every one knows will make the communication run smoother. I am not the only member who as struggled with the correct name of things.

:biggrin:

OP
OP
paul fellows

paul fellows

that is a very nice starter. some of the parts will be the same on a two wheel high rider. also nice to have the right names for the; seat stays, seat tube, and down tube. before i take an hacksaw to them.;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
paul fellows

paul fellows

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
what do you call a bottom bracket when it is on top???:crazy:
i am not the only one here who as had to discribe a bit of a trike when name would have been quicker and clearer. :excl:
:angel: please if you can help :angel: not just for me, but for every one here who as found themselves wondering what the post or reply ment. :evil::evil::evil:

classic33

Leg End Member
A bottom bracket, be it above or below, remains a bottom bracket.
Like it or not, the diamond frame has had more support over the years. This means that many parts were named for a diamond frame, a standard bike.

If you find yourself stuck on what to call it. Describe it as where the crankset attaches, to an axle, allowing you to provide power to the cycle.

Top Bottom