Did 18 miles today in total

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Set off early again as it was nice and cool this morning. I even put a bib on as my chest felt it under my jersey. Soon warmed up though and after about 13 miles made into work. Roads were empty then clicked why when I heard someone talking about her children - kids are off school. Quiet roads! Then I realised I'd forgotten my towel. :angry: Ended up doing an army wash instead with a work flannel. :tongue: Oh and there was no food at work - only fried bread and waffles soaked in transfats. Got a free donut because it was stale and sweaty, hahaha!

Then riding home from work, feeling not too good because of the heat. Got chatting to this other rider. I think he was only about 16-17. He asked if he could keep me company for the short ride into the city, so I said yeah, why not, if you can keep up. He did a fair job though, given that I was on the Jake and he was on a front sus hybrid of somesort with chunkier tires. I managed about 25mph down Hill Lane today (slight tailwind yet again, how awesome). I've done 35 down Hill Lane in the past. :blush:

Parted ways, sorted out my errands in the city centre and came home. Not bad considering how my stomach felt today. Must be a sign of my fitness coming back again.

Top Bottom