Did a bit of a silly...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigsharn

Veteran
29th June I was riding along St Leonard's place in York, light turns green and I start accelerating, get to the Keep Clear markings here and do a shoulder check for cyclists coming on the inside (traffic in front moving slowly). I turned around to see a stationary car and not enough space to stop. Hard on the brakes, slowed from 18 to around 13 mph but still hit the back of the car and went over the handlebars, hitting the ground.

The bloke in the car was really nice about it, first reaction I had was to tell him to pull over so I could give him my details, but he got out of the car, had a look and said "ah, it's only a mark. As long as you're alright." (which I thought I was at the time)

Road rash on my elbow, scrape on the knee, and it turns out I also have whiplash (never realised at the time), so nothing serious, just means I'm off the bike until I can move my neck more than 90 degrees without being in pain.

On the bright side, a friend saw the whole thing, and mentioned the first thing that I did was pull the bicycle out of the lane of traffic before I sorted myself out... Guess I'm now a true cyclist :tongue:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
eeeeek... Been very close to doing that several times.
I hope you heal up soon.

Top Bottom