Did he escape?

Did Hitler survive the war and flee to South or Central America?

• Nah, he popped his clogs in the Bunker in Berlin

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Yep, he escaped to South America

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • He was spirited away by MI6 and fathered Nigel Farage

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • He works as a parking warden in Leicester

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
If you want a 'better conspiracy theory' then Stalin had Hitler's head sent to the Kremlin, where it was kept for many years!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My Dad, who went to France on D-Day was always sure that Hitler escaped and got away to South America. He had no proof but always sure.
Many top Nazi officers and officials went to Argentina and Brazil.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Zero chance he'd have even attempted to get out of Berlin, let alone succeeded. Those Nazis who made it to South America weren't 'top brass' by any means & were in the right place at the right time to escape. But once the Red Army sealed off the city, nothing was getting through.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
giphy.gif

There's some silliness on this thread. I thought everyone knew he used the tunnel that was located near the bunker to get a train out to, first to the Antarctic, where him and his buddies fought off US Admiral Byrd before going to South America. It's on the interweb, so it must be true.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I once wasted two entire hours of my life watching a play called The Portage to San Cristobal of AH, which was about a Jewish Nazi-hunter who found Hitler hiding in the Amazonian jungle and took him back to face justice. Time Out magazine recommended it strongly so to my shame I insisted my sister, her aunt and I went to see it instead of a fun West End musical. None of us enjoyed it at all and I still feel bad about my lack of consideration 34 years later.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I was in Sainsbury's a few years ago before his death.
Over the tanoy was a request for Ben Larden to report to the customer services desk!!

I said in a loud voice , so this is where he's been bloody hiding!!
Got a few laughs at the check out

Come the end of the war, Hitler wasn't exactly compos mentis...

He spent the bulk of his time pushing imaginary units around on a map, not really aware of how bad the situation actually was. And designing buildings for a complete rebuild of Berlin iirc. By the time realisation sunk in that everything was truly lost, any sort of escape would have been nigh on impossible.

Hitler was a micromanager par excellence. Instead of letting his senior commanders do their job without interference, he insisted on meddling despite his own lack of command experience / skill. That got a lot of capable officers given the grand order of the boot for carrying out his failures, and these were replaced with "yes" men, who were quite happy to pander to his whims - and tantrums. This was one of the reasons that Hitler's view of what was happening was wildly optimistic until the very last. And hence when you're up s**t creek like that, there was only one option left.

As for the female DNA found, Eva Braun died alongside him. Ironically, a recent twist to her story (from DNA analysis of hairs found on her personal possessions) she was found to be of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.

Top Bottom