Did I buy the right thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

efreeti

Hello,

I am a pretty inexperienced cyclist (usually just nip round town on a Brompton) but having signed up for the Manchester to Blackpool ride in July I though I'd better get something a bit more suitable.

My local bike shop has a Gary Fisher Tiburon second hand for £150. It is in good condition and the shop said I could bring it back in a month or so to get a free full service and check up. There is plenty of tread on the tyres and everything seems straight as far as I can tell.

I'm hoping to get out on it tomorrow. Going to try a 10 mile route which includes some long low hills but nothing too taxing. I guess I will know more by tomorrow night, just wondering if I have bought the right thing and if the price sounds ok. I probably should have done a bit more research but the bloke in the shop seemed genuine and suggested it was a decent deal and the right sort of bike.

longers

Legendary Member
I don't know the bike at all but if you can build up a good relationship based on trust with your LBS then it'll stand you in good stead for the long run.

As it's from a bike shop then you'd hope it's in good working order and the thing to do is ride it and see how you feel after a few trips.

Have fun!

Top Bottom