Did you ever have your bike stolen if so what happened?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it was one of those sit up and beg jobbies that the local bobbies used to ride I can well believe it👮‍♂️👮‍♂️👮‍♂️
no, was a rather special distinctive fast bike.
Can't say who it was.
a fair few on here will have met them.
They may amble past and tell the tale.

razabbs

A mountain bike a couple years ago.
I got a puncture on the way to work so I quickly formulated a plan. I pushed/walked the bike for another mile or so and locked it up against a fence at a busy junction. At this junction is where my route joined with a bus route, so when I finished work I could walk back to my bike, unlock and jump on the bus to get home. So i locked the bike up, was concerned about the quick release seat, so I removed it and took it with me to work.

I ran the rest of the way to work and was just about on time. Anyway, I worked from 7-11am, walked back to my bike and it had been nicked.

So yes, someone stole a very basic (shoot) mountain bike with a rear puncture, and no seat, between the hours of 7 and 11 in the morning

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Thankfully not. I only ever leave low-value bikes locked up, and even then with a decent Kryptonite D-lock and ideally within sight / not for long periods.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
When dead head thieves steal mobility scooters, nothing is safe. It's sad but when considering a purchase of this type, you have to factor in potential losses... The only thing i hope is that i catch them in the act if mine were ever targeted so i can frisbee a fray bentos pie at them that i no longer eat because im slimming :whistle:

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

I had one nicked from outside work. I was getting ready to go home when I heard a loud thumping noise from outside. When I went to get my bike someone had smashed the head of the lock off with a lump hammer. If I had been 5 minutes quicker I'd have caught them in the act. My bike was the only decent one in the bike rack, so it was the only one stolen. Since then I've ridden an old bso to work, which never gets cleaned but does get maintained. It looks like a smackheads bike but at least it's unlikely to be stolen.
I am sorry that you have experienced this, bike thieves really have no decency.

Bobario

Veteran
I am sorry that you have experienced this, bike thieves really have no decency.

It could have been worse, it could have been one of my more expensive ones. Though I still miss that bike as I really enjoyed riding it. I've never understood why cycle theft is so common, I mean they don't single out scooters, prams, pushchairs or skateboards but seem to make a beeline for bikes.

Top Bottom