Didn't do this when I joined, but here I am!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sabian92

Über Member
Hello all,

I'm Andrew, 18 going on 16 stone (eek...), looking to get out some more and lose 3 stone or so. I live in Runcorn in Cheshire (half way between Chester and Warrington), which means unfortunately every road out of the town is a busy one. :sad:

I ride a 2009 Diamondback DBM05. Gets me where I want to go.

Either way, hello to all :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 24032011009.jpg
    24032011009.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 59

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Well Hello

OP
OP
S

sabian92

Über Member
:welcome:

I know Runcorn quite well now, as I somehow manage to get lost there every single time I ride back from Delamere :blush:

It's pretty easy to get around, if you ever get lost just head for the town centre and you're pretty central for getting either over the Runcorn-Widnes Bridge or out to Daresbury/Warrington.

Where are you located?

Thanks for the welcome, everybody. :smile:

ohnovino

Large Member
I'm in south Liverpool.

My route back from Cheshire usually goes up the A56 from Frodsham, past the Holiday Inn on Wood Lane and onto the cycle paths at the Wood Lane / Beechwood Ave junction. From there it should be a simple job to follow the paths through to Runcorn Spur Road and on to the bridge, but I seem to take a different wrong turn every time. The last time I tried it I somehow ended up going past Weston Point :huh:

Rebel Ian

Welcome! During the week I stay in Northwich but work in Haydock so for the next couple of months whilst training for LEJoG I'll be commuting the 20 odd miles through Daresbury, Stockton Heath, Warrington, Winwick etc. Lots of traffic!!!

OP
OP
S

sabian92

Über Member
I'm in south Liverpool.

My route back from Cheshire usually goes up the A56 from Frodsham, past the Holiday Inn on Wood Lane and onto the cycle paths at the Wood Lane / Beechwood Ave junction. From there it should be a simple job to follow the paths through to Runcorn Spur Road and on to the bridge, but I seem to take a different wrong turn every time. The last time I tried it I somehow ended up going past Weston Point :huh:

Good God, that's lost! I live in Weston Point :laugh: If you go through Beechwood past the Holiday Inn, turn left at the top into the housing estate and follow this map I've just done. Might be longer but you won't get lost. Map!. Go through Beechwood to the bus depot on your right, straight on at the crossroads down to the next set of cross roads, straight on again then right at the end of the road. Keep going down to the pub on the corner (The Red Lion) and bear left there. Follow the road toward the train station, and turn right under the bridge and then left straight after that. Keep going over the mini roundabout and go straight on, not right as it shows (it's a bus lane, although I suppose it won't hurt...) Either way, get to the end, turn right over the zebra crossing then on the right hand side there's a sliproad off the bridge. The path on the right side of that will take you over the bridge. Job done. :laugh: It's probably quite a bit longer (and you're technically not allowed to ride on the path over the bridge, but everybody does), but at least you have some local knowledge to help you. :biggrin:

Welcome! During the week I stay in Northwich but work in Haydock so for the next couple of months whilst training for LEJoG I'll be commuting the 20 odd miles through Daresbury, Stockton Heath, Warrington, Winwick etc. Lots of traffic!!!

Yeah, they're all really busy places. Stay safe, I've heard a lot of people nearly or being knocked off there. My grandad was knocked off in Daresbury about 10 years ago - driver drove off and left him with a mangled face and a knackered arm.

A belated welcome Sabian. You may have a couple of busy roads but on your doorstep is some fabulous cycling and my old regular stomping ground. In fact I used to cut through your estate after I'd come over the bridge and past the hotel, through Frodsham and up past Delamere, it's all glorious out that way and it's where I fell in love with cycling.

OP
OP
S

sabian92

Über Member
A belated welcome Sabian. You may have a couple of busy roads but on your doorstep is some fabulous cycling and my old regular stomping ground. In fact I used to cut through your estate after I'd come over the bridge and past the hotel, through Frodsham and up past Delamere, it's all glorious out that way and it's where I fell in love with cycling.

Yeah, it's all great stuff as long as you're fit enough to get there without dying :laugh:

Thanks for the map. I'll give that a go next time - and probably end up in Warrington :tongue:

Hopefully the map will help :hello:

Top Bottom