die Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rvw

Guru
Probably apocryphal?!

Upper-Danube-Steam-Boat-Transport-Ferry-Company-number-one-captain's*-uniform.

If anyone can produce any evidence of there ever having been a steam ferry on the upper danube with more than one captain I'd be fascinated.

*I think you have a redundant "a".
Trans-Danube, I think. And no indication in the word that capitäns is plural, so only one captain - the "s" is possessive.
(Sorry about the extra a - typo after finding the a-umlaut on the charmap...)

snorri

Legendary Member
If anyone can produce any evidence of there ever having been a steam ferry on the upper danube with more than one captain I'd be fascinated..
Could it possibly refer to the Number One uniform, worn only on high days and holidays as opposed to the Number Two uniform which is worn daily whilst on duty?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Could it possibly refer to the Number One uniform, worn only on high days and holidays as opposed to the Number Two uniform which is worn daily whilst on duty?
You are right: German is my mother tongue. Sadly, I could not write German to save my life :blush: but I know that if referred the the "Ueber" it would say "NummerEinz (..) uniform" not the other way around. :thumbsup:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Probably apocryphal?!

If anyone can produce any evidence of there ever having been a steam ferry on the upper danube with more than one captain I'd be fascinated.

It's also got a redundant "exit". No doubt whoever penned the word wanted us the think it was his "going out" uniform, but Ausgang is a noun, not a gerundal derivation, therefore the Ausgang bit gives it away as a schoolboy joke.
My German teacher always used to tell us about the Hottentottentantentötenattentäter, who apparently, was the man who attempted to assassinate the aunt of the Hottentots

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Probably apocryphal?!

:smile: Posts like this are so much more enjoyable when you've seen the combatants ride tandem to John O'Groats.

Top Bottom