Different Folder..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Little different from most I've seen..
Odd Bike.jpg

Anybody know what it is?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
No idea what it is, but it looks like a design concept rather than a commercial, rideable bike.
I can't see any signs of a drivetrain, and while there's brake disks I can't see any calipers
Nice fold though..

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
missing bits as above, also lots of hinge points and it looks like it will be very wide package to get it all neatly fitted into the wheels. neat thought tho.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Little different from most I've seen..
View attachment 36381
Anybody know what it is?

I do! I do!

(Sorry, got carried away there :smile:)

http://gajitz.com/incredible-concept-bike-folds-down-to-size-of-one-wheel/

"If you’ve ever had to lug a bike with you onto the train or bus, or up a steep flight of stairs, you can probably understand the appeal of lightweight folding bikes. But most of them are too light-weight to handle the demands of serious riders. Dominic Hargreaves was having the same struggles with folding bikes, and after failing to find one that he liked, he decided to make one for himself. The result was The Contortionist, a folding bike that twists around to fold itself entirely into the wheels’ 26-inch circumference."

Sara_H

Guru
2876460 said:
What part is to be held when carrying it?
Or wheeling it. I usually push my folder along with the extended seatpost/saddle when folded. That doesn't look like an option here.

U

User33236

Or wheeling it. I usually push my folder along with the extended seatpost/saddle when folded. That doesn't look like an option here.
There's some stuff, including a video, at the link given above showing it being folded and wheeled along.

StuartG

slower but further
The vid shows him scooting but (unless I missed it) not pedalling => no hidden drivetrain. Nice concept but this and Ade's need are going to hard nuts to crack.

And what does it ride like? A Brompton is pretty good so its going to have to be very good to justify the overhead of 26" wheels in size and weight.

StuartG

slower but further
2923737 said:
Ride it much no hands?
Unlike you I can't ride my road bike hands off - so I never tried.
But a fast downhill into a turn holds no horrors for me. Distance is not an issue either.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
2923737 said:
Ride it much no hands?
That wasn't even item #582 on my needs specification for a folding bike.

My spec was:
- Rides well
- Folds/unfolds quickly
- Folds to a very small space
- Lasts forever

A Brompton ticks all of those boxes.

Top Bottom