Different Stem Length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banksy1

Hi, I have recently purchased a Rose Pro SL 2000 bike which is my first road bike after saving up for the last 3 years!, Any way the size of the bike is a 53cm which is perfect for me but I'm feeling the need to stretch a little further when I'm leaning forward in the drops. When I'm in the up right position on the hoods I feel very comfortable but its just seems a bit cramped leaning forward and often feels like my bum is having to slide back on the seat when I'm really pushing hard on the legs in high gear.

So the question is would a longer stem help me gain this additional distance to accommodate my position in the drops?. The current stem length is 90mm, so I can easily go longer. Or do I need to look at the position of the seat (i.e and offset seat post?) to gain the additional distance.

http://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-pro-sl-2000-bike-now/aid:744000
thanks in advance

Citius

If the stem is the right length when you are riding on the hoods, then the stem length sounds fine as it is. Sounds like you need a bar with a deeper drop for when you are on the drops. Saddle position should be set in relation to the BB. Do not alter your saddle position to compensate for reach adjustment. That's not to say that your saddle might not be incorrectly adjusted anyway - it might be. If you're basically looking for bike fit advice, then some pics would be useful.

OP
OP
Banksy1

Banksy1

Thanks for your help I'll have a look and see if I can get some pics of my position in the drops and it may answer a lot more. I have been riding like this for about a week now and it is getting easier but still not perfect which is what I want.

Top Bottom