Digi TV Retune .... Lost Channels ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Following a Digital retune yesterday, as directed by on screen instructions, I have lost quite a few channels, some aren't important but I would be very upset to lose ITV4 ( cycling & football ) and Film4 ( films ! )

Anyone else encountering similiar problems ???
Or can give any advice !

BSRU

A Human Being
Following a Digital retune yesterday, as directed by on screen instructions, I have lost quite a few channels, some aren't important but I would be very upset to lose ITV4 ( cycling & football ) and Film4 ( films ! )

Anyone else encountering similiar problems ???
Or can give any advice !
I did not seem to loose or gain any channels. The only change I can see is BBC HD is now called BBC2 HD.
Another retune in April as well.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
It's probably that the reception wasn't great when you did it or they were messing with the transmitters.

Or they have moved a bit further down in the listings.

Have a check further down and if they are still missing then I'd do a fresh installation - go into menu and look for something like First Time Install.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
My (probably a bit dodgy) understanding is that the channels are grouped into a few multiplexes on the transmitter which transmit at varying powers (eg. BBC channels tend to be on higher power than the dodgy commerical/shopping channels), so when you channel scan if your signal is a bit too low to one of these you'll lose all the channels on it.

If you look at http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html youll see that ITV4 and Film4 are both transmit on COM6, which probably wasnt picked up during your scan :smile: If you put your postcode into http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe it'll tell you your local transmitters and what power each part of the transmitter is running on, not entirely useful but interesting perhaps ;)

mark st1

Plastic Manc
NEVER !!!! :cursing:

BTW I emailed DigitalUK, who instructed me to unplug all aerials & scart leads !! & then plug in again and reboot / re-install and would you believe it everything working again :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the comments / advice .......

It is obscenely expensive i must say. Value for money it certainly isnt.

Top Bottom