Most annoying adverts currently on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am amazed that people are still watching ads on TV! :wacko:
 

nogoodnamesleft

Senior Member
I find the buy your funeral/cremation now ones really insulting. They are so obviously "designed" for a target, trying to make elderly feel their funeral will be a burden on their children, how their funeral will mean less money for their children, how their funeral will mean lots of work, no choices, etc.

And then when they add the offer of £100 off - where do people think that £100 is coming from? kindness from the company seeking their money.

I find them so exploitative, "pressing every button" in older people who don't want to feel a burden on their children!
 
They are all annoying because they are so repetitious. JML has a lot to answer for but some things of theirs I might buy. Ie The fly zapper, which my nephew bought said it worked a treat.
As has been mentioned already, the cremation adverts and the Co-op funeral ones irk me. I went with the Co-op when my father passed away, wished I had`nt.
 
I find the buy your funeral/cremation now ones really insulting. They are so obviously "designed" for a target, trying to make elderly feel their funeral will be a burden on their children, how their funeral will mean less money for their children, how their funeral will mean lots of work, no choices, etc.

And then when they add the offer of £100 off - where do people think that £100 is coming from? kindness from the company seeking their money.

I find them so exploitative, "pressing every button" in older people who don't want to feel a burden on their children!

When you mentioned about the £100 off and a lot more sometimes. I think to myself, that`s what I would be willing to pay, instead it`s just the discount.
 

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
I find the buy your funeral/cremation now ones really insulting. They are so obviously "designed" for a target, trying to make elderly feel their funeral will be a burden on their children, how their funeral will mean less money for their children, how their funeral will mean lots of work, no choices, etc.

And then when they add the offer of £100 off - where do people think that £100 is coming from? kindness from the company seeking their money.

I find them so exploitative, "pressing every button" in older people who don't want to feel a burden on their children!

I can see both sides here. On the one hand I can see that they may not provide the best value. On the other hand, when my dad passed I was acutely aware that everything was immediately frozen and that my Mum would have been on the financial hook to arrange the funeral as would me and my brother be when Mum goes.
 

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
My shokz have gone into terminal decline which has resulted in me being unable to skip forwards to avoid adverts preceding podcasts. They're of a much lower production standard than those on TV yet they have a direct line into my brain.
Irks me more than commission each time I buy crypto, sell crypto or swap crypto.
 
Top Bottom