Dilema- Advice Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

Way back in March i ordered a nice Bianchi Via Nirone (Tiagra) via a LBS, i am getting this through Cyclescheme, anyway shop called me today to say there has been another delay in getting bike from Bianchi (they've had a fire in their warehouse some time ago, allegedly) and bike would not arrive until June, now this is beginning to piss me off, i mean nearly 4 months wait, so shop have offered me a choice of a Merida or Ridley with the same spec as the Bianchi which i can have in the next week, so the question is do i take the alternative offer or wait for the bike that i have set my heart on ? bearing in mind there could be more delays, decisions decisions.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Them ridleys is nice I hear.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
That must be very frustrating!
Is there a chance of test riding either of the options somewhere? That's what I'd try to do if possible ...
All the best with your decision making :thumbsup:

T

accountantpete

Brexiteer
bhoyjim said:
Dont know, i've to go and see it 2mrw, TBH i dont know that much about Ridley bikes.

They are very much an acquired taste - usually very fast but a bit can be a tad uncomfortable - but I would have thought that the frame would be a quite bit more expensive than the Bianchi. I don't think it will be a Ridley Dean, but you never know!

Personally I'd look at an alternative supplier - having been p****d about by LBS's in the past I get a bad feeling about any delays.

Coco

June isn't a long way away if that's what you want.

I'd be tempted to wait, but have a look around other shops to see if they can get me one. Evans usually have Bianchi's in stock (but don't assume they can get you one if its not showing in stock ;))

Edit: In fact if you don't mind the colour

pda

Über Member
you should wait.

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

Well after a visit to the shop today, i've went for this http://www.airevalleycycles.com/smsimg/34/4899-17800-full-eos-34.jpg instead of the Bianchi, spoke to the Ridley rep today as the LBS was having an open day, so i'm getting £50 off it, a free Ridley jersey 2 bottle cages and a change of tyres, and it will be ready in two weeks :wacko: also spoke to the Bianchi rep and he couldn't even gaurantee the bike i ordered arriving in June, so that was enough for me, hope i've made the right choice.

Very nice! Am not sure how much Bianchi green is on the Via Narone but I'm never that keen on it and that Ridley you've got there is very nice and you got a bundle kit! Enjoy.

Renard

bhoyjim said:
Well after a visit to the shop today, i've went for this http://www.airevalleycycles.com/smsimg/34/4899-17800-full-eos-34.jpg instead of the Bianchi, spoke to the Ridley rep today as the LBS was having an open day, so i'm getting £50 off it, a free Ridley jersey 2 bottle cages and a change of tyres, and it will be ready in two weeks :wacko: also spoke to the Bianchi rep and he couldn't even gaurantee the bike i ordered arriving in June, so that was enough for me, hope i've made the right choice.

Result :tired:

Top Bottom