Dilemma

which one

• ego plastic bullet

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • sensible mile muncher

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Right then folks, i've managed to get a severe case of indecision in reference to a new bike. Before we start, 2 new bikes are unfortunately, not an option. Choice one a Planet X RT-80, sub 8 kgs of carbon, hill climbing loveliness or the new Steel Holdsworth Stelvio, heavier, but with all the braze ons for touring and really is a far more practicle bike and in red it looks stunning. I already have a Whyte CX that will take light touring and is supremely comfortable, so the Stelvio would be a bit of the same. Now the but, I have never owned a proper light road bike and really like the idea of the advantages on the climbs ( home is the Peak District ) but will the stunning Stelvio get used more and take me to far flung wild places. Ego says RT-80 and sensible practical head says Stelvio. However nice I can't have both.

Mrs M

Guru
Get the bike that would put the biggest smile on your face :smile:

OP
OP
Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Both :whistle: unless the Carbon is black, then just the red one ;)
The Carbon one will be mainly White with grey and black.

There is another option. Complete Carbon bike and Stelvio frameset and use bits from the Whyte, but that seems a waste of an already nice bike. I don't have the space for 3 bikes.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0883.JPG

It's a difficult one, the new Stelvio looks beautiful especially in the grey colourway.
What does everyone think, Red or Grey?
Grey is a shade of Black so we know what @vickster thinks!

Reactions: gbb
View attachment 339761 View attachment 339762

It's a difficult one, the new Stelvio looks beautiful especially in the grey colourway.
What does everyone think, Red or Grey?
Grey is a shade of Black so we know what @vickster thinks!

Structural aesthetics wise they look pretty much like any other steel bikes of the same ilk.

Not many people would know it from a similarly specced bike if they both went down the road having been resprayed identical.

It boils down to the paint job. I like both. The grey just about edges it for me. So what? - colour is up to the buyer so I apologise for my totally valueless post!

GlenBen

Über Member
As much as I like that stelvio and hate to tell someone to get carbon...it does sound like you would be getting another bike similar to what you already have with the stelvio. Cant help but thinking youd be riding it around wishing it was the rt80.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Unless you are going to use the bike for competing, I would go for the steel tourer. When its not loaded it will be plenty fast enough and it is nice to have a bike you can use for more than one discipline. Especially if it is the only bike you have got.

The only problem with the Stelvio is that once you buy it, you will just have to go there and ride it one day.

Top Bottom