Dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim_Noir

So I am about to go buy a new bike, I have been thinking about the Ridgeback Velocity, but the more I read on here I am now thinking tje Sirrus Sport. So the bike will be an allrounder for me, comute to work, go along tow paths etc with the mrs and do the long ride I am doing now. So thoughts? Remember I am riding a 2nd hand Apollo MTB that cost 50 quid, so anything is going to be better! That said I still love the old thing and it was the bike that got me started... and I did hit 32.9 MPH today on it, of course the cycle compute might have been telling pork pies.

HELP MEEEEEEE :biggrin:

And my Buget is 350 to 400

Garz

Squat Member
Get the best you can justifiably afford.

As folk have said get the best you can afford. I use a Ridgeback Velocity for my commute its a great handling robust bike but my commute is short. Ive also got the Sirrus Sports '06. I used to use it for the commute when I lived further away now its used for leisure/ training (and converted to drops) its like night and day when compared to the Ridgeback as its far superior.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Just went and had a look and a go on the Sirrus Sport, skinny bike. This looks like the one I will be going for then.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
nice one mate, pretty sure you wont regret it.

Jim_Noir said:
Just went and had a look and a go on the Sirrus Sport, skinny bike. This looks like the one I will be going for then.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

The tyres gave me the fear a bit, but it's all good. I really should have done it this months pay as I have been off shift for 2 weeks, but still the old Apollo has given me miles of fun.

I nearly bought a Garmin edge 705... but that is the same price as the bike, but does look a nice bit of kit!

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

I assume if need be I can stick a rack on the Sirrus?

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

I am thinking of rebuilding the apollo as a project and for the mrs, maybe use it in the winter. Sure it was cheap and a cheap bike, but I'm doing about 100 plus miles a week on it and loving every moment of it. Yes I am 'cited about the Sirrus, two weeks order for my frame size... bring it on

Top Bottom