Dipping a Toe Into Suspension Forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Got a bad elbow - change your bars for some with greater sweep.

already done that M, I use Mary Bars with 40 degrees of sweep and it is a big help....I may well be able to get away with fully rigid, I am at the moment, but the last surgery has cost me many months off the bike. More importantly it has cost me a fantastic amount of cash feeding my bike building habit to keep myself amused during recuperation. I know it is a form of insanity in building up bikes when you aren't actually allowed to ride....but hey....nobodies perfect.

Worst case scenario...I don't like them and somebody gets a great bargain on some Rebas :biggrin:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Gotta get those Rebas. I just cannot fault mine (Reba Race 100mm on a 26 QR.) If you have the wherewithall then future proof it with Maxle Lite. If it costs the same, then the converter kits for your wheels are only 15 quid. That way, you can be certain that the moment you do lose your marbles and hit the trails/stray off the towpath ^_^, then you'll be well-equipped to do so.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
already done that M, I use Mary Bars with 40 degrees of sweep and it is a big help....I may well be able to get away with fully rigid, I am at the moment, but the last surgery has cost me many months off the bike. More importantly it has cost me a fantastic amount of cash feeding my bike building habit to keep myself amused during recuperation. I know it is a form of insanity in building up bikes when you aren't actually allowed to ride....but hey....nobodies perfect.

Worst case scenario...I don't like them and somebody gets a great bargain on some Rebas :biggrin:
Have you ever tried Fleagles?

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Well I ordered the Rebas with the standard 9mm QR, I decided it's more than adequate for my current and perceived future needs. Most of my riding you lot would probably consider tame for a Cross bike let alone a MTB. If I get brave or feel the urge I'll upgrade at a future point.

Many thanks for all the help though and coming next.....how to tune your forks :biggrin:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Got fleagles on the mtb. Love em. Love em to bits. With bar ends too. Gets lots of stares in the car parks but dang they work.

Darn, mooching last night and my finger slipped so now have a set of Fleegles en route. I already have a short 60mm stem that they can work with.

Actually it had crossed my mind that the rise on the Marys may be too much now that I've gone for the 100mm forks, so the Fleegles give another option...and they were only £20.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Darn, mooching last night and my finger slipped so now have a set of Fleegles en route. I already have a short 60mm stem that they can work with.

Actually it had crossed my mind that the rise on the Marys may be too much now that I've gone for the 100mm forks, so the Fleegles give another option...and they were only £20.
Fleegles + On one 50mm stem in Gold on 100mm Reba's is a dead comfy combo. The bar ends are, of course, a crime against fashion.

The fleegles do make the bike wider than some doorways though!

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Fleegles + On one 50mm stem in Gold on 100mm Reba's is a dead comfy combo. The bar ends are, of course, a crime against fashion.

The fleegles do make the bike wider than some doorways though!

mate I have bar ends inboard of the grips on one set of Mary bars...I've long since given up being concerned about appearance to others.

Hopefully this will work out quite well as I'd been wondering about whether I'd need to flip the Marys or use a negative stem. Still won't know until it's all built up...couldn't give a stuff about doorways :biggrin:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
mate I have bar ends inboard of the grips on one set of Mary bars...I've long since given up being concerned about appearance to others.

Hopefully this will work out quite well as I'd been wondering about whether I'd need to flip the Marys or use a negative stem. Still won't know until it's all built up...couldn't give a stuff about doorways :biggrin:
bloke in my LBS does!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
that just means you need more tools and more training :whistle:
Nah. I like to drive him nuts by bringing it in even if all I want in an inner tube. A boardman sat there amongst all his high-end Elsworths and Spesh's makes him go a funny colour. I won't leave the mtb locked outside his shop see. Magnet for the local scrotes. The mtb is self serviced for everything bar fork rebuilds/servicing when they send it away to fishers.

Top Bottom