Dirk Gently on R4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

Hurrah! Quite enjoyed the new productions of HHGTTG recently. Dirk Gently should be fun too.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Kept me amused. Mind you it doesn't take much. Will try again next week.
However I've missed this weeks episode of Lenin of the Rovers on BBC7 :biggrin:

red_tom

Agree on it being a bit of a mess. Endfield and Boyd as the the two main characters just don't sound right. It really seemed dumbed down - they kept on dropping hints as to how the whole thing works out.

I've got mp3s of both the Dirk Gently books read by Douglas Adams himself which are far far better (as well as Last Chance to See which is pretty good as well).

Did like the sounds the electric monk made though.

Cab

Its a rather complex, interwoven story to make into a radio show. I thought they did as well as they could with it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab said:
Its a rather complex, interwoven story to make into a radio show. I thought they did as well as they could with it.

Yeah, I think that's an issue - the book is not the most narrative story - it took a couple of reads for me to take to it. Maybe the series is the same. Mind you, I was distracted after the first few minutes trying to remember who it was playing Gordon Way...

(Gus from Drop the Dead Donkey, BTW)

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Our ecological affairs correspondent " Jeremy Clarkson" :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But yes, a bit of a mess really :biggrin:

Andrew

Top Bottom