Disc Brakes Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
bad boy said:
Yes true and I would be taking it back to the shop but your going to need to do this yourself at some point arnt you !?.

The OP was a question regarding brake performance on a new bike I just thought that apart from recommending the bike be returned a post detailing a possible solution might be worth while also or am I wrong :laugh:

I'm guessing its an apollo - and I've seen people stuggle to get the disk brakes to work on them... not sure if its to do with the wheel or not.

Yes you do need to be able to try and sort out your bike yourself but in the purchase price was a 6 week service to sort out any issues... if you fiddle with the bike yourself you may invalidate your guarantee.

OP
OP
magicmerve

magicmerve

Thanks for all the advice guys. I took the bike back to get sorted. The guy in the shop said he sorted it, but got home and it was the same so will be taking it back.

jpembroke

magicmerve said:
Thanks for all the advice guys. I took the bike back to get sorted. The guy in the shop said he sorted it, but got home and it was the same so will be taking it back.

The sad thing is if you'd gone to a reasonable local bike shop then £300 would have bought you a decent entry level mountain bike (rigid frame) with good quality v-brakes from a quality brand (GT, Dawes, Giant, Trek etc etc). Just £100 more but it would have given you miles of trouble free cycling.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i have brought bikes from halfords and had the same problem , take it back and make a big fuss, they didnot clean the discs so what eve protetive wax or grease that was on the disc is now on your pads, defetive breakes are life threatening and if the bike wont stop it is not fit for purpose, sad to say its the pressure they put there bike hut saff under, or they employ morons, as this seems to be a comon problem,ps you can get some degreaser clean your discs and pads, rough them up with sandpaper befor finding a safe hill to bed them in, and never bother halfords again?

Top Bottom