Discobrakes.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have used them a lot in the past as their prices were very keen to say the least and the pads seemed fine.

Haven't used for a fair old while as I had amassed quite a stock.

Just had another look.

Prices still not bad but is it my imagination or has there been a pertty steep price increase?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Compared with an order in May 2013, rubber insert pads are quite a lot more (£12.60 vs £7.50 & £12.70 vs £6.50, 4-pack prices), ceramic hard BB7 pads are cheaper now (£8.80 vs £12.60), sintered BB7 4-pack are a bit more (£25.90 vs £22.40).
(I normally save the order page as a record)

I use Oxford's FullStop brand and find them pretty comparable for standard pads - and the retail price of those has gone up more or less in line with Discobrakes

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Thanks for the replies.

Clearly i wasn't imagining it andrew.

For pretty sure that on my last order of 4 sets of v brake pads about a year ago i paid £8 or less but just paid over £12 as you indicate.

A spectacular increase which can hardly be explained by a shift in sterling.

Anyone got any idea where discobrakes got their pads? For clearly all they did was stick perfunctory labels on stuff they bought in.

Am tempted to go to the source. They are only bits of plastic rubber after all.

Sheffield tiger - do you have any explanation for this mega shift?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I still have a stash from my last big order. It is disappointing to hear that the prices have gone up so much though. I'll see if I can find out how much I paid last time and check the prices that I'd have to pay now. (Two different types of Campagnolo brake blocks.)

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Ps, unless i'm mistaken i also seemed to find that their prices were different depending on whether you went to their ebay shop or web page. Methinks that mr disco has been on a course in differential pricing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ps, unless i'm mistaken i also seemed to find that their prices were different depending on whether you went to their ebay shop or web page. Methinks that mr disco has been on a course in differential pricing.
The prices for many ebay shops are higher than going directly to the company web page, presumably to cover ebay fees?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Received this reply from them.

"Some of our pads were on promotion and some were wrongly priced."

Which is hardly credible unless someone was asleep on the job for several years.

Yes bp, no one is suggesting that they can't shift their pricing position.

I did order some and, rather strangely, they arrived far far faster than they used to.

Have also ordered some from somewhere else which are actually a fair bit cheaper than the discobrakes old prices. Will be interesting to compare and contrast.

Top Bottom