Discount on C2W NOT through Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
So, the day has finally arrived!

with my letter of collection in hand I'm off out to try some steeds, managed to find a Focus Mares 3.0, Caadx 105, and Giant Revolt all in my sizes (technically) for me to go and throw about this afternoon. I was wondering if anyone has had any bartering power with shops other than Halfords with a C2W voucher?

Main reason I ask is Giant are stocking the TCX SLR 2 at a mere £50 over budget, but I know 3rd party providers have to pay Halfords a cut (or so i'm led to believe) and I'm also aware I cant put any money towards to voucher.

Worth a punt? Or am I weeing in the wind?

vickster

Legendary Member
You can only ask. The worst they can say is no. Some retailers however specifically say no C2W on reduced models. Some will allow you to pay the extra however if over the voucher limit

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine were happy to take a cash top up for the slight over run on the C2W budget. There's nowt in the rules for any of the schemes that prohibit a buyer from doing so.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Mate of mine :whistle: managed to buy two bikes, one for himself and one for his missus, on the same certificate.
It all depends how the LBS wangles things.

Cyclist33

I'm surprised they needed to fudge that. A bike computer is easily justified as safety equipment if it is your waymarker and health checker...

Top Bottom