Dishwashers are rubbish aren't they

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unless you virtually wash the stuff before you put it in, it still comes out dirty, dirty and dried on, so you really have to scrub it to get it clean and you still can't put half your stuff in,like breadboards and cast iron pots and big pots. And it costs a few bob for salt and dishwasher tabs and rinse aid which you need, even though they claim you don't. Then there's the glasses, don't put them in with anything grubby not if you want to be able to see through them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeh crap, but great if you can't be ar$ed !

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I find its not too bad for cleaning, a little rinse first unblock the drain occasionally and they are fine on economy wash. Its emptying I don't like :-(

Have you been putting your chainrings in the machine with the glasses ?

Ah! You could've identified a good use for it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My Anodised Blue chain rings are going no where near a dishwasher thanks.......................... sheesh............... Mr Sheen only !!!! :whistle:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Nope, they're fantastic after a dinner-party. You might want to look at the settings or tablets you're using (and make sure you are using salt as per the instructions) as mine copes with everything including saucepans and things come out sparkling clean.

I don't use it often, as mostly I wash-up as I go when cooking and it takes seconds to do the plates for one or two people, but wouldn't be without it for dinner-parties when you want to be with your guests not in the kitchen.

Norm

Nope, they're fantastic after a dinner-party. You might want to look at the settings or tablets you're using (and make sure you are using salt as per the instructions) as mine copes with everything including saucepans and things come out sparkling clean.

I don't use it often, as mostly I wash-up as I go when cooking and it takes seconds to do the plates for one or two people, but wouldn't be without it for dinner-parties when you want to be with your guests not in the kitchen.
+1

Having survived through 20 years of marriage and 12 years of having brats around, my wife had a couple of operations on her wrists for CTS at the start of last year's summer hols and we decided that was the cue to get the dishwasher.

Love it!

Some old glasses are looking crap, but everything else comes out lovely. It's whisper quiet, too, most of the time you can't even hear it's working when you stand next to it.

Love it!!

OP
OP
C

Crackle

what about an unrinsed porridge pan on economy or scrambled egg remains. Where does that bit of salad leaf you didn't quite scrape off end up, the knife draw or the glasses.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
+1

Having survived through 20 years of marriage and 12 years of having brats around, my wife had a couple of operations on her wrists for CTS at the start of last year's summer hols and we decided that was the cue to get the dishwasher Au-pair.

Love it!

Some old glasses are looking crap, but everything else comes out lovely. It's whisper quiet, too, most of the time you can't even hear it's working when you stand next to it.

Love it!!

fixed it xxx

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Nope.
Ours is Fab for a family of 5. Once a day, 365 days a year it quietly goes about its business. Perfect performances every time. Bosch, you gotta love 'em.

JediGoat

Formerly Phump
Mine gets almost everything clean (except for baking trays when I've done frozen roast spuds in a bit of oil - have to scrub those myself). I should admit, I always rinse out my porridge bowl straight after eating, because that stuff can stick like cement. But everything else - pans I've burned soup in, roasting tins, dried-on cheesy pasta sauce, etc - comes out clean.

The only thing I always do, is put the really crusty stuff (e.g. an oven dish that had lasagne or something similar in) in the 'hot spots' - two areas, one on each shelf, that are advised for very dirty stuff. I assume all dishwashers have this feature, but have no idea, because I've only ever had this one (a Bosch slimline somethingorother).

Oh, I agree on the glasses though...most of mine are slowly turning opaque, but I generally only use cheap glasses, and the nice ones are not even aware there is a dishwasher in the kitchen ;)

taxing

I quite like washing the pots, I can look out onto the garden while I'm doing it. Until they invent something that does the really crappy jobs like the ironing for you I'm not interested.

Top Bottom