Disk brake

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by MatthewB7621, 20 Aug 2012.

1. MatthewB7621

MatthewB7621 Member

Bent the front disc brake on one of my bikes and it touches the pads slightly as the wheel rotates, not sure if I need to get a new one or if should pay to get it straightened/ do it myself.
    Can anyone suggest what I should do?
    Thanks

2. compo

compo Veteran

There are lots of instructionables on You Tube about straightening discs. In practice I wonder how easy it is to get it right so it runs perfectly true. I would say give it a try but be prepared to buy a new one. They are not all that expensive.

3. 02GF74

02GF74 Über Member

touches slightly - sounds like that is fixable. i have bent discs to true them us using my hands - you need to apply pressure at two points so as not to put stress on the bolts.

4. tincaman

tincaman Veteran

Put an adjustable spanner over the section you want to tweak and tighten it, twist away or towards you depending on which way the warp is, trial and error, get a feel for how much force is required and build up to it.
    This video will help

5. OP
    OP
    MatthewB7621

MatthewB7621 Member

Ok thanks for the help I will try what the video says

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice