Disk brakes on Felt Q220 2005

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a_nic_an

Hi all;
I got this bike back in 2005, it was a gift given to me to ride to work at my first job. I have loved it ever since despite it being heavy and unwieldily. It has a great upright riding position from which I can see the world around me and feels solid so won't break.
However, it could really now do with a few bits changing, an expensive problem.
I have been considering replacing it with something better suited to the type of cycling I do (roads with the odd canal path, thinking of the genesis croix de fer.)
Before I do that I thought I would ask if anyone could suggest a few upgrades that might convince me to keep the bike. The main thing being the disk brakes which are quite heavy and I assume that they have moved forward a bit in the last few years.
If it is not too expensive maybe I could have both bikes so that I have the Felt as a backup not to worry about.
Regards;
Nic

compo

Veteran
You have a bike you love riding, it's comfortable and does what you want. You say it needs a few bits changing. A couple of years ago I was in the same position. I sold my old bike and bought a Trek thinking it would be good. I have lived to regret buying the Trek and wish I had spent some money doing up my old bike which was comfortable and a pleasure to ride. If you just want a new bike as a N+1 then fair enough but make sure the replacement is better than what you have now or you are wasting money.

Top Bottom