Dispatches, "The truth about food"...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Good, but did too much in the time allotted, so was very much a surface skim rather than an in-depth look at the issues.

Will be watching 'Kill It, Cook It, Eat It' on BBC 3 at 22.30 tonight. I have a feeling it won't be pleasant. http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/programmes/kill_it/index.shtml
Tonight is about milk-fed lamb.

dudi

I watched it, but me and the wife kept picking holes in the science and validity of the comparisons. i guess that detracted from the message.

I'm just synical, and my answer is just

"buy fresh food and prepare it yourself. and if you want a ready meal for when you don't have time. make it yourself when you do have time and freeze it."

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Dispatches can be like both of the things wafflycat and dudi have said. Wasn't bad I thought but the presenter was pretty boring. I saw the second Kill it, Eat it, Cook it about goats the other day.

some interesting bits about labeling law. lots of things that could have been put over better though. wasn't sure what they were trying to prove sometimes with the comparisons. the bit about a 'healthy' ready meal having more calories than a value one, just had me thinking so what, what's ya point? not distinguishing between the types of fat very often in the program was misleading.
overall a bit poor i thought.

cheers, velocidad

it was ok but the final amouts of fat,sugar and salt didn't seem take into account the number of family members.
one family only had 3 ,others had 4, to be fair all the families should have had equal numbers.
i felt that they went a bit ott about the fat contents. 20% of a small amout is almost insignifcant, if it had been 20% of a pound of lard i'd have been more concerned.
although i don't eat that sort of expensive (for what you get) readymade stuff i do think 20% is a bit too much leeway.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I started watching it but once i saw it was mainly about ready meals i switched off
Never buy 'em

I can guess though hmmm let me see
supermarkets lie cheat and swindle the customers to enhance profitability and further addict their already hopelessly addicted customers :wacko::rolleyes:

Top Bottom