Dissertation Research into cycle2work scheme.Wiggle Prize Draw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EdLHKOM

Hi All,

I am completing a 15000 word dissertation based on the cycle to work policy.

Obviously this can be a hot topic amongst cyclists.

If you have bought a bike using this scheme please spare 5-8 min to complete my survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GGGFM72

If you enter your email at the end of survey I will put you into a prize draw for one of 5 X £10 wiggle vouchers. Emails won’t be used for any other purpose.

I would be very grateful for your time and help.

Ed

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Filled in the survey but there isn't a space to explain the question:

What are your reason/reasons for choosing not to ride this bike to work?

Where the Bike to Work bike was bought 3 years ago and has subsequently been replaced by another bike - so it was used at the time but not in the last year apart from when the new bike was out of action due to mechanical reasons or snow (studded tyres are fitted to the BTW bike during the winter).

OP
OP
E

EdLHKOM

Filled in the survey but there isn't a space to explain the question:

What are your reason/reasons for choosing not to ride this bike to work?

Where the Bike to Work bike was bought 3 years ago and has subsequently been replaced by another bike - so it was used at the time but not in the last year apart from when the new bike was out of action due to mechanical reasons or snow (studded tyres are fitted to the BTW bike during the winter).

Thanks for doing the survey and your additional feedback. Uselful as I can critique my own survey.

Too late for me to edit it now, sorry my little pilot study didn't pick up this possibility.

Thanks again

Norm

If you are looking for feedback, Ed, there was no motorbike option in the selection of commuting vehicles. :thumbsup:

Your survey has a fundamental flaw. It assumes cycling to work is the only type of work cycling. It also says that that 50% of the mileage should be cycling to work. This is wrong. Cycling between workplaces is equally valid which is what I use mine for but your survey does not allow for that. So at that point I exited the survey rather than put in misleading data.

OP
OP
E

EdLHKOM

Your survey has a fundamental flaw. It assumes cycling to work is the only type of work cycling. It also says that that 50% of the mileage should be cycling to work. This is wrong. Cycling between workplaces is equally valid which is what I use mine for but your survey does not allow for that. So at that point I exited the survey rather than put in misleading data.

Thanks for the input i have ammended the question to incorporate cycing for work puposes.

Thanks for the input i have ammended the question to incorporate cycing for work puposes.

Q18, 21 and 23 have not been changed and still talk only of cycling to work. I have answered them as if they were about work journeys but they need changing.

ACS

Legendary Member
Done

OP
OP
E

EdLHKOM

Q18, 21 and 23 have not been changed and still talk only of cycling to work. I have answered them as if they were about work journeys but they need changing.

Hi Question 23 has been updated - Ive just completed the survey myself so not sure why you didn't get an updated question.
Could be something computer related?

Question 18 & 21 refer only to commuting to work and for purpose of research I dont need to change these.

Thanks for taken the time to complete the survey.

Hi Question 23 has been updated - Ive just completed the survey myself so not sure why you didn't get an updated question.
Could be something computer related?

Question 18 & 21 refer only to commuting to work and for purpose of research I dont need to change these.

Thanks for taken the time to complete the survey.

In that case mine is wrong as I don't use it to commute to work - I use it for travel at work.

Top Bottom