Distance Riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busman

My longest ride to date is 124 miles. Any tips on how I can further my distances or is it just a case of getting out and riding.

I would like to be able to complete 150 or even 200 miles in a single ride.

Citius

There ain't no secret. You remember how you built up to 124? - just add another 26.

My longest ride to date is 124 miles. Any tips on how I can further my distances or is it just a case of getting out and riding.

I would like to be able to complete 150 or even 200 miles in a single ride.

Just get out there and do it. If you plot an interesting route, and do the ride with someone else, it's much easier. Try and break the ride into segments of between 20 and 50 miles. If you try to view it as one long ride, your brain will try and fight it.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Eat,eat again and keep eating, almost to the point where you think its not possible to eat this much stuff. But maybe thats just me^_^ And start early.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
It's crap - do not go there, stop now, you will ruin yourself
Bellendery! I used to pootle about 15-20miles and be satisfied. A group of us from work decided to do the Coasts and Castles route as a team building thingy, and I built up to over 100 miles a day in training for it. Not "head down, arse up" training, but just going out and riding sections of the route and enjoying the scenery. On one of my rides between Seahouses and Berwick (and return) I knacked my seatpost and had to turn back. I was so pee'd off that I'd only done 40 miles that I phoned a mate to ask if he had a replacement seatpost so I could continue. Knobber!

Top Bottom