Ditching worn chain rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In the interests of getting rid of a load of old tat, I'm thinking at least the second one of these can go, especially as I do not have any left hand cranks to go with either of them.
032.jpg
030.jpg

Opinions please

PpPete

Legendary Member
Second one is definitely fubar. First one is OKish as far as the teeth are concerned, but has about zero resale value or usefuleness in the "box of bits" because it (looks like) riveted-on chain rings.

OP
OP
Ed no-more-lemons
Thanks for the second opinion PpPete.
Of to the tip now, but I will keep the first as uselessness is relative to what spares are available at no expense.

zacklaws

Guru
Hammer something like a brush handle in the centre of the worn one and use it for mixing plaster........providing you've got some plastering to do! Everything has a use.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hammer something like a brush handle in the centre of the worn one and use it for mixing plaster........providing you've got some plastering to do! Everything has a use.
Or... weld it to a short length of scaffold pole or similar, then using an angle grinder, sharpen the worn teeth. Just because the Govt isn't prepared for a zombie apocalypse doesn't mean you shouldn't be. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom