Ditchling Devil. 7th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Anyone doing The Ditchling Devil?
I did it last year & have signed up for this year.
LDD2015.jpg

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I'm looking to do a 200km ride at some point this year so I might have a go at that one I think!

goody

Veteran
Is there a limit on numbers, how many entries does it normally get? I'd enter now but can't get the time off work, day after my birthday as well. I've recommended it to friends as their first Audax.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I did think about it but it's the logistics of getting there on time.
Same here, it's a bit of a hike to get up there and back. I'll think it over....

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just signed up for this. After finishing the Great Escape in good order I thought I'd see what a not completely flat 200k felt like.

Anyone doing this, I'll be stamping your cards at Chiddingfold. And there are still spaces, as I just got a flyer for it in the mail. £15 with 3 food stops** with catering provided by the local ladies, it's going to be a good ride.

http://events.paudax.com/ditchlingdevil

** ok, so I do love cake, and I am going to be in the pavilion at Chiddingfold for 4+ hours, so there may be a cake shortage there if you are a full value rider :smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What a great day out. It started with doughnuts in Richmond Park, followed by a bacon butty and digestive biscuits at Highbrook village hall near Ardingly, then plates of pasta and sauce at Upper Beeding, and finally performance-enhancing allspice cake at Chiddingfold.

Oh, and a bit of cycling between those points.

If I got hungry along the way I snacked on my own supplies of a couple of pork pies, peanut butter and marmite sandwiches and fig rolls.

Huge thanks to the organisers.

** ok, so I do love cake, and I am going to be in the pavilion at Chiddingfold for 4+ hours, so there may be a cake shortage there if you are a full value rider
The best laid plans...

Due to various snafus in the morning, I cycled to the control having had nothing to eat all day, except 2 coffees. I had a slice of cake, and a couple of hours later, another slice. Towards the end of the day, I went for a third slice - and they were nearly out. Not wanting the full value riders to miss out, I abstained, which means I cycled 120 km on nothing but 2 slices of cake and 5 coffees. Of course, the kitchen at the Rose of York was long closed when I got there - but boy, those crisps (and lager) tasted wonderful

vickster

Legendary Member
The best laid plans...

Due to various snafus in the morning, I cycled to the control having had nothing to eat all day, except 2 coffees. I had a slice of cake, and a couple of hours later, another slice. Towards the end of the day, I went for a third slice - and they were nearly out. Not wanting the full value riders to miss out, I abstained, which means I cycled 120 km on nothing but 2 slices of cake and 5 coffees. Of course, the kitchen at the Rose of York was long closed when I got there - but boy, those crisps (and lager) tasted wonderful
:sad: my fault :sad:

Top Bottom